Restoration work was launched by the Society of Friends of Vienne, with the architect Jules Formigé working on the cloister. The restored building was inaugurated in 1938.
Restorations were again undertaken in 2011. The new museum staging features a selection of seven inscriptions relating to the history of the abbey and the district, as well as small columns from the church spire, together with some tactile elements.
The three rooms leading to the cloister entrance are devoted to temporary exhibitions taking place all the year round and organised by the Vienne museum conservation department.
From 01/04 to 31/10, daily.
Closed exceptionally on May 1st.
From 02/11 to 31/03, daily.
Closed exceptionally on January 1st, May 1st, November 1st, November 11th and December 25th.